ABOUT OUR SPONSORS
The Jeannie Ferris, Cancer Australia Churchill Fellowship in Gynaecological Cancers is named in honour of the late Jeannie Ferris, former Senator for SA who was passionately committed to advancing health issues affecting women. Senator Ferris was diagnosed with ovarian cancer in October 2005 and passed away in April 2007.
1. Applications are sought from:
- consumers including women diagnosed with a gynaecological cancer; or a family member or carer who has been directly involved in supporting a woman with a gynaecological cancer
- health professionals or researchers working in the area of gynaecological cancers.
2. Where the successful applicant is a health professional or researcher, and not a consumer, they will be expected to involve consumers in the development of the project, including proposed implementation activities.
3. Applicants will have to demonstrate how they intend to disseminate and promote the outcomes of the project to benefit women in the broader community affected by gynaecological cancers and to assist in reducing the impact of gynaecological cancers on those affected.
Title of Fellowship
Jeannie Ferris, Cancer Australia Churchill Fellowship for award to a consumer, health professional or researcher for a project that will contribute to reducing the impact of gynaecological cancers on those affected. Established in 2009.
Number of Fellowships Awarded
2000 Churchill Fellow